More bloody madness; a personal carbon ration (detail here) and penalties if you go over your limit… aren’t you just sick of these stupid initiatives.
What a load of tosh; how the hell would anyone manage and police that? Oh yeah… another fabulous computer system costing several £billion; which won’t work.
It is perfectly obvious that governments are not really bothered about any of this; it’s just another revenue raising ruse; all wrapped up in environmental issues to make it more palatable.
If they were serious about reducing energy usage:
- Start the network of fast electric trains, and link them to Europe (most other European countries are pressing on with this)
- Install effective public transport systems (trams) in all major UK cities
- Develop a safe and comprehensive system of cycle paths in all major UK cities
- Further discourage the use of large engined cars; triple the price of petrol (no fancy and expensive tracking systems required, allowances and credits where justified)
- Insulate every house in the UK
- Build alternative sources of energy supply; wind, tide, wave etc
and start all of this tomorrow…